Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Just One of Those Days

It's just one of those days when you don't want to wake up! *starts headbanging with embarrassing enthusiasm* Sorry about that. Ahem... You ever have one of those days where you feel blah but have no concrete reason? And it doesn't help that it's raining outside, and you have to entertain another person later but have no idea what to do? Arg! So to make myself feel better, I'm gonna list my goals. For those of you who noticed, I don't have activities listed on my FB profile. I don't do anything interesting enough to list. But I will! I just need money. Donations are welcome!

1. Learn languages
I took three years of Spanish in high school, but they threw too much at me in the last year. I pretty much only remember how to tell someone that I like cheese. There's limited practicality in that. Spanish for practicality in this country. Italian for pleasure. I went to Italy a couple of years ago, and it was the best experience of my life. I have a soft spot for Italy. I only hope when I go back, it'll be just as awesome. I may have to drag Jess with me again. :-) And lastly, I want to learn Arabic. I feel in the world we're living in, it'll be useful.

2. Learn to dance
I can't dance. Unless you count the macarena, and I don't. I took a belly dancing class for my friend's bachelorette party and loved it. That's first on the list. And no, Boss Man, I don't need supervision! Feel free to join in though- it'll be really funny to see you shimmy! I also want to learn salsa and ballroom dancing. I will be doing a waltz at my wedding. The groom will not win that argument.

3. Do some serious traveling
By serious, I mean I don't come back home until I see the world. Going to Australia with Bro and Boss Man this year, I hope. And of course, I've got to go to Italy, then France, Spain, Romania, Croatia, Sweden, Korea, Japan, Egypt... not necessarily in that order. And I'll have to hit some places here in the USA. Like be all nerdy and see the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde. Can't wait until I can do all that!

4. Go parasailing
No one seems to want to do this with me, so I may have to go solo. Fine by me!

5. Go hang gliding
And I thought getting someone to go parasailing with me was hard... I wish I could fly. This will have to do!

6. Actually learn to ride horses
I've been horseback riding a few times, but I want to actually get good at it. I don't really have a reason, other than I feel I should go for it if I enjoy it.


And somewhere on the list, I also want to learn to change a tire, but that's way too mundane to list! :-P Whew, I feel a lot better now. Well, if I want all this, I'd better go make some money. Or at least prepare myself to make money. Ciao!


(and for those of you wanting to get ahead, I'll let you in on what I'm doing to make all this possible)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! And I plan to write some screenplays too! I've been talking and talking about writing a screenplay about a certain dept store... ahem. I'll have to buckle down and do it!

    ReplyDelete