Monday, June 7, 2010

I Have a Weird Body

Hello, folks. It's been a while, but I haven't had anything too terribly exciting to share, so I've kept relatively quiet. The business is moving right along. The newest version was launched several weeks ago. We've got a side business involving Craigslist that we're getting started. I'm still working a few hours a week at the-place-that-shall-not-be-named. Seriously, I can't wait to get out of there for good. Should be soon! Our dryer hasn't worked for about 6 of the 7 weeks we've been living here. The landlord is too cheap. He bought us a new (well, used, but new to us) dryer the other day, and that too doesn't work. Hopefully, he'll get it fixed soon, but if history teaches us anything... laundromat, here we come! Other than that, life's pretty quiet down here.

I suppose you're all wondering about the title of today's post. I know I would be. Ahem. I've always struggled a little with my weight. I've never really been heavy, but I also never had visible abs. They're there; you just can't see 'em! Anyway, my body puts on weight from the waist downward. My arms are pretty much only good for keeping my balance. I have no meat on my shoulders or back whatsoever. A concerned guy friend once commented that I needed to put on weight because I looked "frail." Oh, if only!

Boss Man had P90X, but he forgot to bring it with him. He had it sent here, but he failed to mention that it had arrived. I finally asked him about it last night, and yes, he'd received it. I started Day 1 of this workout/nutritional regimen today, and I've realized several things:

1. I always knew that my arms were pathetic, but now I also know that I cannot do ONE proper push-up. Yet. The first DVD was almost entirely push-ups and chin-ups, with the latter being impossible because I do not have a chin-up bar. That will change. Unfortunately, if prior experience is any indication (like high school gym), it will still be impossible. This too will change.

2. My back is incredibly weak. I also did the ab workout DVD, and while I somewhat felt the burn in my abs (previous Pilates workouts and semi-regular crunches helped me with the moves, I think), I really felt it in my back. Like it might go out. I guess I'd better go easy as I work my way up.

3. I'm pretty out of shape! I thought I was okay, with the running and walking I've been doing, but... ugh, I'm gonna feel this tomorrow!

The Boys will be joining me next time. We can all be sore and cranky together.

I guess that's all I've got for today, kids. Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment